Translate this Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Button with a Mountain to climb

Just thought this was spectacular.  Button drives Mount Panorama in McLaren MP4-23.



http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/03/22/button-drives-lap-bathurst-mclaren/ quotes Button as saying

"That was phenomenal. It was such a rush. Once you get over the straights being quite hard to control the car over it is such a pleasure. It’s just a pity I don’t have more laps to test it out.”
Button said he was surprised by how much he could attack the circuit driving the Commodore: “I didn’t expect so much grip. It took me a while to get used to it.
“I haven’t hammered a car over kerbs like that for 12 years so it was a new experience for me and something I’ve missed.
“I was holding on tight all the way. It takes everything out of you. It was the experience I’ve wanted to have for many years and I’ve finally done it. In a way it’s probably not a good thing because it’s made me more hungry to come back.”