Translate this Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

What's Up?

As you can see it's been a while since my last post - to tell the truth I've been very busy at work (long may it continue) and just shattered, getting home late, playing with my daughter, talking to my wife and often waking up at 3am or 4am on the couch (depressing!), slouching up to bed and getting up to do it all over again the next day.

Even on the Weekends there doesn't seem to have been any time to relax (other than to watch the GPs).  I missed quali for both Valencia and Silverstone due to all of the above stuff going on, but caught the races live on the Beeb.  Unusually I caught none of the build up - just the races themselves - and that, in conjunction with my lack of time online, has left me feeling a little bit out of the loop as to what's going on.

While I'm surprised at myself for not posting, in a way I think it's understandable given what happened at Valencia.  I haven't been quite so bored by a race in a verrrry looooong time. Snoozefest just doesn't describe it properly.  I'm not one of those guys who gets turned off by the same guy winning all the time or by a lack of overtaking, but it does turn me off watching a parade around a souless circuit with nothing much worth mentioning going on.  It was a sad day - I mean even in Barca there was excitement - even though it had more to do with the tyres than with anything else.

Even though I could have found the time to blog about Valencia what was I going to say? Crap race. Boring! Boring! Boring! You know it's bad when the highlight of the weekend is Vettel checking out the Silverstone settings in Free Practice - and even that turned out to be a psyche. Congrats to Vettel